Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Direct & InDirect Winning

our goal or our target in everything is of course to win or to be successful. But winning is not necessarily being the best or number one. Although being the best among the best is the best thing you’ll get, you can still be winning in a way which is indirect. Let me illustrate it in a form of examples which happens to me these few months. This happened a few weeks ago during the KPKM election or Student Union. I fought with this guy who represents the pure n good guys. I was neither good nor bad. A middle person is the term for me. . He proclaims that he will fight the evil with his pure heart (although he has darkness in him, e.g.: he steals, he still breaks rules and such, not to bad mouthing (writing) about him, but the fact is, no one is pure or good enough to talk bad things about people and claiming that you are good) He had the back up from the “Head Prefect” who in a way campaigned for him which is against the rules. I played fair and square, campaigned with my true identity without the help of big people or even criticizing people. But I lost. But I won something. I won my votes fairly. And the fact that my batch supports me 100% makes me very proud of my batch. I won my friends heart, they believe in me. I’m so lucky to have them. although I lost( with a person who got boo when he was announce), knowing that my batch supports me n that there are people out there that still supports me, makes me feel so lucky. That’s the indirect win for me, which I think is better than winning with thinking even my batch does not support me. Just be yourself without portraying what you are not and fight fair and square. You’ll feel a lot better that way. But if you had won, it is twice the happiness. I felt this way when I won the debate SBP North Zone (not to brag but to give you an example). My team had the indirect challenge from the coaches. They in a way said that we could not win by saying “it’s okay to lose” although we always aim to win. My team and I improved ourselves (although it is not enough).We worked twice as hard. People say practice makes perfect, so, we practiced, a lot. And then god shall give you what you have earned. So, we won. But there are still holes here and there, therefore we will never stop practicing and improve ourselves until there is nothing can be improved. The bottom line is, the direct winning is the best you can have, but it needs a practical way to really feel proud about it and although you won, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you should stop improving. And for those who lost in anything out there, if you had done your best with a clean sheet, you had won something (think about it) and god has something bigger for you in the future. God works in mysterious ways. “Never give up, be strong and always believe In Yourself”

To Be Updated………………………………

No comments:

Post a Comment